A huge welcome to author Nan and Tai Chi Maria Marino from New Jersey… that is the greatest name EVER! Thank you so much for joining the R.O.A.R. Squad!
Human: Nan Marino (check out her blog and her website)
Marketing Associate/Pet: Tai Chi Marie Marino “Chi” for short.
About Nan: My name is Nan Marino. I’m the author of the middle grade school novel “Neil Armstrong is My Uncle and Other Lies Muscle Man McGinty Told Me” (Roaring Brook Press, 2009). I live at the Jersey Shore with my husband and dog, Chi. As soon as I got the book deal, Chi became an important member of my marketing team. She’s featured in my class presentations and there are frequent pictures of her on my blog. You can find my blog at www.nanmarino.blogspot.com
Breed: Chi has the ears of a German Shepherd, but she has Golden Retriever coloring. She is her own breed.
Age: She’s around 9 or 10 (She was around 1 or 2 when we met)
Much Better Than a Dining Room Table: I told my husband I was going shopping for a dining room table and ended up at the Town of Oyster Bay Animal Shelter. As soon as I saw Chi (in the very first cage) I knew she should be part of our family. And the moment my husband met Chi, he agreed.
All About Chi:
- Without ever being taught, she knows the command “go wake up…”. No need for alarm clocks here. We have Chi.
- When you come into the house, she’ll greet you, and then herd you into the room where the other family members are. She loves it when everyone is together.
- She sighs, heavy human-sounding sighs.
- Chi is a great writing companion. She sleeps under my chair while I write.
- When she wants attention, she’ll go to the coffee table and pull the bookmarks out of the books. We’re big readers in this house, so the coffee table is always filled with books. But sometimes bookmarks are hard to find.
Where: New Jersey
Want to meet another writer? Check out Pam Townsend and her dogs!
Do you want to be join the R.O.A.R. Squad? Our goal is to make having a rescue animal THE coolest thing around. Ya game? Perfect! We’d love to have you!
- Read more on how to become a R.O.A.R. Squad member
- Check out ALL of the R.O.A.R. Squadians (Squaders? Squadites…? Whatever.)
Send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!