In April 2010 the R.O.A.R. Squad was launched into the blogosphere and my blog… oh no my LIFE would never be the same again. “R.O.A.R.” stands for Rescue Owners Are Rockin’ and the project is all about making adopting a pet THE coolest thing around.
You can check out all the current R.O.A.R. Squad members here.
I figure if Michael Jordan can make measly SHOES cool I am CERTAIN we can make adopting cute, slobbery, adorable, snuggly animals cool. I mean, come on. We’re exceptionally hot. And slap-your-knee funny.
And exceptionally hot.
The last 3 months have been a whirlwind of Fabulous. My goal has been to recruit rescue owners from all walks of life, from all across the States and Canada, and with every kind of rescue pet under the sun. My ultimate goal is the following:
- to recruit at least one rescue owner from every state in the U.S.A.
- to recruit at least one rescue owner from every province and territory in Canada
And to do all of this in exactly one year: by April 2011. So, I’ve got 9 months left.
Holy crap. The long and the short of it is I HAVE MY WORK CUT OUT FOR ME. But fortunately I’m not doing this alone and with the help of our current and prospective energetic R.O.A.R. Squad members, we are DEFINITELY going to get there.
The Numbers and Stuff:
In 3 months we have come incredibly far:
- we now have Squad members from 37% of the U.S. states
- we now have Squad members from 23% of the Canadian provinces/territories
- we have one international entry (from Italy!)
Every single person who has taken part is interesting and inspiring. I am overwhelmed. Some of the rockin’ recruits include:
- cancer survivor
- marathon runner (my husband… nepotism what?)
- police officer
- white water rafting guide
- + dogs, cats, rabbits and a parrot!
We also have some Blog the Change name-dropping cred:
- Kim from ThisOneWildLife.com
- Amy and Rod from GoPetFriendly
- Blog the Change first weekly cause: Maggie from the Campaign to End BSL: Operation Denver
I am loving this project and I am loving meeting so many dedicated, funny, intriguing people. Join us!
Join the R.O.A.R. Squad
Do you want to be join the R.O.A.R. Squad? Our goal is to make having a rescue animal THE coolest thing around. Ya game? Perfect! We’d love to have you!
- Read more on how to become a R.O.A.R. Squad member
- Check out ALL of the R.O.A.R. Squadians (Squaders? Squadites…? Whatever.)
Send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!