R.O.A.R. Squad: 3 Month Countdown (or, Can I get a: Kentucky! Louisiana! Mississippi! North Dakota! Newfoundland! P.E.I.!)
The countdown continues! You can read the 4 Month Countdown HERE… I need your help!
In April 2010 I launched a project called the R.O.A.R. Squad: Rescue Owners are Rockin! and it. has. been. rockin!
Just in case this is your first time here, the idea is a pretty straightforward one:
Profile rescue owners from across the US and Canada, share a bit of their life and rescue stories with readers, and via humour, inspiration and fun photos, make adopting a rescue pet THE coolest thing around.
The Goal: I am on a quest to find at least one rescue owner from every state in the US and every province and territory in Canada by April 2011.
So far, fabulous rescue owners have joined in droves! We’ve got awesomeness from Alberta to Alabama, marvelousness from Maryland to Massachusetts, and wonderfulness from Washington to West Virginia (check out all the members HERE).
We are over 75% of the way there and we’ve got 3 short months to find rescue owners in the remaining states, provinces and territories and I NEED YOUR HELP NOW TO DRIVE US HOME.
Each month until April 2011 I am going to laser in on a handful of locales.
Here is where you come in: For the month of February, could you please help me find rescue owners to profile from the following locations:
- Prince Edward Island
- Louisiana one rescue owner from Louisiana found! woot!
- North Dakota
If you know of rescues owners who are in different locations than these, or if your state/province/territory is filled already, THAT IS OKAY. I STILL want you to join so you can bask in the wonderful awesomeness that characterizes R.O.A.R. Squad members. You are inspiring people every day to adopt rather than shop. In short: We need you!
A little Q&A:
What kind of pets are featured?
What makes a rescue owner “rockin”? Am I “rockin” enough?
If you have provided a forever home to a rescue pet you AUTOMATICALLY QUALIFY as all kindza rockin! We want people to adopt, not shop for their pets. By opting a rescue pet you are setting an excellent example. I would give you a trophy, but putting your picture on my website is more techno-snazzy.
OMG this is amazing! How do I become R.O.A.R. Squad member?
I am so glad you think so! Please send the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 2-4 photos of you and your rescue pet (your face must be visible in at least one picture)
- Provide the following info (the closer your info is to this format, the faster I can get your post up (i.e. please write your post the way you would like to see it)):
- Your/you & your partners names
- Your pet’s name(s)
- About you/you & your partner
- if you have a blog/website, please include links
- Your pet’s breed and age
- Rescue/shelter name/circumstances around how you came to adopt your pet
- Rescue/shelter website link
- Funny and/or interesting tidbits about your pet
- Your state/province/territory
I think that is it! Please feel free to spread the word any way you see fit:
- Email a link to this post to your friends
- Tweet it like crazy on Twitter
- Fling it out to your Facebook friends
- Reach out to your local rescue and wrestle them into writing!
Thanks so much for your help!
Keep being fabulous and please let me know if you have any questions in the comments section below or send me an email.
Thank you so much! Let’s do this!