The countdown continues! You can read the 3 Month Countdown HERE… I need your help! In fact, THINGS ARE GETTING VERY TENSE!
There are less than 2 MONTHS TO GO to recruit rescue owners from every single province and territory in Canada and every single state in the US for the R.O.A.R. Squad: Rescue Owners Are Rockin!
A quick overview of who is left to recruit before giving you more info on the project:
We need rescue owners from these provinces and territories in Canada:
- New Brunswick
We need rescue owners from this state in the US:
Ack! Where are you, gorgeous Canadians?!! Come on now my fellow Canucks (and don’t forget Idaho!)… we miss you, we love you, WE NEED YOU!
Just in case this is your first time here, a recap:
In April 2010 I launched a project called the R.O.A.R. Squad: Rescue Owners are Rockin!
Profile rescue owners from across the US and Canada, share a bit of their life and rescue stories with readers, and via humour, inspiration and fun photos make adopting a rescue pet THE coolest thing around.
Profile at least one rescue owner from every state in the US and every province and territory in Canada by April 2011.
We are over 90% of the way there and we’ve got less than 2 short months to find rescue owners in the remaining states, provinces and territories. I NEED YOUR HELP NOW TO DRIVE US HOME (check out all our R.O.A.R. Squad members HERE):
A Little Q & A:
What kind of pets are featured?
What makes a rescue owner “rockin”? Am I “rockin” enough?
If you have provided a forever home to a rescue pet you AUTOMATICALLY QUALIFY as all kindza rockin! We want people to adopt, not shop for their pets. By opting a rescue pet you are setting an excellent example. I would give you a trophy, but putting your picture on my website is more techno-snazzy.
OMG this is amazing! How do I become R.O.A.R. Squad member?
I am so glad you think so! Please send the following info to email@example.com:
- 2-4 photos of you and your rescue pet (your face must be visible in at least one picture)
- Provide the following info (the closer your info is to this format, the faster I can get your post up (i.e. please write your post the way you would like to see it)):
- Your/you & your partners names
- Your pet’s name(s)
- About you/you & your partner
- if you have a blog/website, please include links
- Your pet’s breed and age
- Rescue/shelter name/circumstances around how you came to adopt your pet
- Rescue/shelter website link
- Funny and/or interesting tidbits about your pet
- Your state/province/territory
- Let me know what Super Wicked Peep category you fall under (see the list HERE– scroll down)
I think that is it! Please feel free to spread the word any way you see fit:
- Email a link to this post to your friends
- Tweet it like crazy on Twitter
- Fling it out to your Facebook friends
- Stumble it, jojumble it (I made that up) rock and talk and fo-fumble it (that last one isn’t real either. I’m sorry)
- Reach out to your local rescue and wrestle them into writing!
Thanks so much for your help!
Keep being fabulous and please let me know if you have any questions in the comments section below or send me an email.
Thank you so much! I could do this without you- thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!