a man, a dog, and a bottle of beer

Had a little photo shoot. You know the models:

Man: John

Dog: Mickey

Beer: Beer

Finally… the beer:

PresentingΒ John’s cool shoes. Consignment. Stylin’.

And pups being pups. They can’t always be uber cool models. There’s that paintbrush tail of Kayloo’s again.

Too fun.

Edited: In the comments Skye said that Mickey should be in The Most Interesting Man in the World ads. Youtubed it and… oh my god. Mickey is so channeling Dos Equis! Love it, thanks for sharing Skye!

Here are some of the ads for your general merriment!

22 Responses to “a man, a dog, and a bottle of beer”

1. thepetmuseum says:

I love it. Must have been hard for him to be upstaged by pup and beer? Maybe not?

@thepetmuseum: Heh, isn’t that what they say? Never work with kids and animals?

Love the shoes, what an awesome find! All of the models did an excellent job. Especially the beer. That was a lot of hard work.

that last one makes me laugh. Is Mickey trying to get the tail?

Kari

4. Teresa says:

Great photography! That dog is too, too cute. I’m sure the man and beer are too, but that’s harder to tell.

5. Great photos! Who did you get to play the bottle of beer?

Love the intense look on Mickey’s face.

6. Trude says:

So sweet! Love Mickey’s expression in the third one, he’s a born model. πŸ™‚

7. Jen says:

The only word that comes to mind is Perfect! What could be better than a man, a dog and a bottle of beer!

8. @thepet- John was fine being upstaged by both because he got to drink the beer πŸ˜‰

@Kristine- The beer was kind of slacking off… like it was drunk or something…

@Kari- Yes! Mickey likes to wrestle on his back so Kayloo often gets her underside chomped πŸ™‚

@Teresa- Thank you! I can confirm that the man is cute too πŸ™‚

@Kathy- The bottle of beer played itself. Absolutely impossible to find a stand in πŸ˜‰

@Trude- lol, I think that would be his “Sears, off into the distance” pose!

@Jen- I adore this trio! They work well together! πŸ™‚

9. Abigail says:

Now I feel like copycat. I’m working on my post for tomorrow, which is about our new shoes.

Abigail
    TheVanGelders.com

10. Very cool! I love seeing what you’re doing with your new camera!

11. @Abigail- There is always room for more shoe blog posts!

@Two- Thank you! I see you guys are taking all kinds of fab pics with your new camera too!

@Crystle- Merci! πŸ™‚

12. Pup Fan says:

I love this series! Great subjects too, of course. πŸ™‚

13. Glenda says:

Cool photographic eye! That first photo looks like Mickey was “benched” from the game, by the look on his face.

14. The second pic of Mickey looking right at the camera is *very* good! I like that all the colours are almost the same tone.

15. Laure-Anne says:

Can I borrow Mickey for 8 or 9 years? How adorable is he?

16. @Pup- Thank you! I was very inspired by my subjects πŸ™‚

@Glenda- Hi there! Thanks so much for your comment! Yes, with his cheeky personality that is a pretty “Mickey” expression πŸ™‚

@Karen- Thank you! I had a lot of fun with this… the shots ended up being a bit of an ad for “Bench” (somehow I forgot/didn’t see the logo there (!?)), but I enjoyed it!

@Laure-Anne- Awww thanks! We think he’s pretty darn cute too!

17. SkyeHeather says:

This should be an ad campaign for something. This might sound totally odd-ball, but do you guys get the “Most Interesting Man In The World” Dos Equis commercials in Canada? I feel as though Mickey should be his dog in the spots.

• @Skye- lol, oh my god that is awesome! I added some Dos Equis commercials to the bottom of this post. You’re so right! Mickey *is* cool enough to be The Most Interesting Man in the World’s dog! Love it! πŸ™‚

18. […] a man, a dog, and a bottle of beer from Fido & Wino – proving sometimes the most simple of moments are amazing […]

I agree with SkyeHeather! This was GREAT! But wondering: is it me or does Mickey have one eye that is smaller than the other? I don’t think I saw this in other photos of him.

20. @Kim- I may be biased, but I am pretty sure Mickey’s eyes are in perfect proportion to one another πŸ˜‰