special coffee

Happy Mother’s Day!

John took me out for breakfast for Mother’s Day this year. I’m a Dog Mom so that totally counts.

After breakfast we went out for coffee. But not just any coffee. We went for Halogen Syphon Coffee, which was one of the coolest coffee experiences I’ve ever had. Even though I was there the whole time I have no idea how halogen syphon coffee is made. I think there was “abra” and “cadabra” and then some hand waving and then SHAZAM wicked coffee (apparently this guy understands all this coffee making business if you’re interested).

It looked to me like some kind of illegal science experiment.

Behind this plexi glass the magic happened.

This looks illegal, doesn’t it? Around this time I was looking over my shoulder fearing cops were going to come in and bust this “coffee” joint.

This was the “abra” part I think… or was it the “cabra”…?

Very science experiment-esque…

Et voila!

You should definitely try this stuff. It’s almost tea-like but it is much richer than tea. It’s almost fruity… so good. And I’m told it’s not illegal or anything.

This is what is known in the biz as an “action shot.”

Thank you to John for a great Mother’s Day and to the dogs for being on their best behaviour (or something). And a very warm Happy Mother’s Day to my mom who is an absolute rockstar and my mother-in-law who is super awesome.

And a Happy Mother’s Day to all you mother’s and mother’s-to-be!

10 Responses to “special coffee”

1. John says:

It was a pleasure babe! We are lucky to have you. Great post.

I wish I’d known being a dog mom counts! I feel a little ripped off.

That coffee place looks so fantastic! We totally chose the wrong coast.

3. Trude says:

Whoa, what a crazy process! So glad you enjoyed yourselves. 🙂 Hooray for dog mamas! I celebrated by snuggling in my jammies and bathrobe with Dante on the couch while watching junk movies.

4. Dog mom definitely counts!!

That is some pretty fancy coffee. I’m pretty much obsessed with coffee, now you’ve got me wanting to find a place like this in Charleston!

5. Abigail says:

That is very fancy coffee! Josh takes me out for Dog Mom day too 🙂

He has even found a cad before.

Abigail
    TheVanGelders.com

Doggie Moms absolutely count! Wow, I would have loved to go to that place for some razzle, dazzle coffee experience. Glad you enjoyed your day Shauna!

7. @Kari- I agree! 🙂

@Kristine- Maybe you have one of these coffee places too! I highly recommend trying it!

@Trude- Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate the day 🙂

@Carly- Let me know if you find a place & what you think!

@Abigail- “Dog Mom Day”- I like that 🙂

@Kim- Hope you had a great day too!

8. Pup Fan says:

That place looks really cool!