pregnant chick: 18 weeks (+ a few days)

And there it is. The belly bump.

I am 18 weeks and 4 days along in this picture (John took it last Thurday). All of a sudden, as of last weekend, my belly popped out. That morning I looked more or less like myself plus a few pounds of Doritos and then BAM! baby, all over the front of myself (does morphing like this count as a homemade Halloween costume?).

The jeans I am wearing in this shot are my first pair of maternity jeans (these ones) and they are the only pants I can fit into without popping buttons. They have a nice band of stretchy material at the top to pull over your belly and all I would like to know is this:

WHY AREN’T ALL PANTS DESIGNED LIKE THIS?

That lovely band of material smooths everything out like Spanx you can breathe in. Plus when you sit down in restaurants you don’t have to worry about flashing anyone your ginch because the material lies halfway up your back. No more Thong Flash. And Thong Flash is bad but I would have to say that Pregnant Thong Flash would be worse because of the shock it would cause. People smile at belly bumps but only creepy people smile at Thong Flashes, so the Bump and the Flash all on one person would just be too much to take.

These maternity pants are most likely saving lives.

You’re welcome.

We are due at the end of March… almost half way there!

P.S.- I can now get my (freaking short) hair into a ponytail! It’s precarious at best, but still! Yeah for ponytails!

9 Responses to “pregnant chick: 18 weeks (+ a few days)”

1. I’ve been mired in eldercare drama for so long that I missed this happy news. Congrats.

2. Cheryll says:

Looking good girl!! Love baby bumps!!

3. Amanda says:

Sweet, sweet congratulations. Enjoy!

4. Heather says:

Such a cute photo of you! And thanks for making me laugh today with your maternity pant post. 🙂

5. KimT says:

What a beautiful baby bump! Woohoo!!:)

6. @Roxanne- That’s okay, thank you so much! I hope everything is alright!

@Cheryll- So nice to hear from you! Thank you!

@Amanda- Every day we marvel at how lucky we are… thank you so much!

@Heather- Thanks lovely! Glad you got a chuckle 😉

@Kim- Merci, so nice of you to say! 🙂

7. Genevieve says:

Yay! Lookin’ Good!!

A.) CONGRATS TIMES A MILLION!!!!!!

B.) I hope I look as cute as you do when preggers.

C.) I don’t know if they have Target by you, but no joke, I almost always accidentally buy their maternity clothes since they are always mixed in with the regular clothes and I’m all “CUTE TOP!…. oh that’s maternity…. would anyone notice???” I highly recommend their maternity stuff, as someone who is not pregnant, but eyeballs it for when they are.

9. Heather says:

I thought the exact dame thing during pregnancy! Some people hate maternity clothes but I think they ate Omg comfortable. You look great!