your predictions: are we having a boy or girl?

As you know, John and I didn’t find out the gender of our baby at our 18 week ultrasound. Are you good at predicting the sex of the baby? Can you tell just by looking?

What do you think John and I will have, a boy or a girl?

Some details based on what people have asked meΒ that apparently contribute to whether this babe could be a boy or a girl:

• John and I have no idea- we thought a boy at first but now our premonitions aren’t talking to us
  • we’ve had a girl’s name for a long time but had a much tougher time with boy’s names
  • I’ve been craving more sweet than savoury throughout the pregnancy
  • my complexion has improved over the last 9 months
  • babe’s heartrate has been above 140 and also around 130

Here are photos of my belly over the last few weeks. More photos if you need ’em via the links at the bottom of this post.

Predict away! I look forward to reading your thoughts in the comments! If you have a theory, let me know why you think we’re having a boy or girl: Is it how I’m carrying? The size of my bump? The way the stars are aligned?

More belly bump pics:

38 weeks pregnant

37 weeks pregnant (full term, baby)

36 weeks pregnant (needle)

35 weeks pregnant (inappropriate maternity wear)

34 weeks pregnant (being pregnant is weird)

33 weeks pregnant (spanxy)

32 weeks pregnant (time flying)

31 weeks pregnant (emotional rollercoaster)

30 weeks pregnant- no photos! I missed it! Ack!

29 weeks pregnant (fitness edition)

28 weeks pregnant (bring, do, take & an ode to accepting help)

27 weeks pregnant (christmas edition)

26 weeks pregnant (psychedelic tool edition)

25 weeks pregnant (clean freak)

24 weeks pregnant

23 weeks pregnant (the meltdown)

22 weeks pregnant (grand canyon edition)

21 weeks pregnant

20 weeks pregnant

19 weeks pregnant

18 weeks pregnant

All β€œBambino” related posts

14 Responses to “your predictions: are we having a boy or girl?”

1. Debra says:

I think you are having a boy. Best of luck to you!

2. Sophie Eaglen says:

Girl!

3. Cristol Smyth says:

Baby has dropped, and I would normally say girl if you were carrying high/boy if low, but you appear to have carried smack dab in the middle, lol!

• For the longest time I was carrying “in”, nothing was coming out front… then my belly popped straight out and I got a (tiny) bit of my waist back… now, you’re right, it’s dropped… who knows! πŸ™‚

4. Genevieve says:

I’m thinking a boy. A girl supposedly steals the mothers looks whereas with a boy doesn’t…. In other words you look great!

5. Other Mom says:

O.K. Shauna,
    Here’s the nursey consensus, from my esteemed colleagues and friends, today at the Clinic..
    Heartbeat 140 and above ….Baby Girl.
    Heartbeat below 140…………Baby Boy
    As you can see, you fall right in the middle here, so no answer on that issue.
    Next Carrying High……Pink Shoes.
    Carrying Low…………..Cowboy Boots. Oops, those could be for either,couldn’t they ?
    Lastly Looking from behind (rear view) Wider Pelvis…..TuTu .
    Looking from behind…………………No change ……Working man’s overalls.
    So there you have it. Official Medical opinion.Hah! Everyone here wishing you the best, and telling me to settle down and be Patient!! trust you all doing well . XXOO Marilyn

• Hey Grandma! Thanks for your comment!

Thank you very much for your and your colleagues scientific medical opinion! πŸ˜‰ I guess this babe likes to keep us guessing!

Thank you so much for your well wishes, look forward to seeing you soon!

6. Great series of pics. : ) Congrats on the upcoming bundle!

7. saskia scott says:

Well, they say that carrying the belle to the front is a boy, and carrying it round (visible from the back) makes it a girl. So based on that and looking at the pictures, you should have a boy. Now then, I carried both very much to the front. 1st was a girl and second a boy.
    Then there is also the chinese predictions, based on when you became pregnant and the age you were. In this case both times it predicted we would have a girl.

What was correct for me, was what my skin looked like. They say a girl gives you pimples maybe face, but mostly chest. A boy will make you look beautiful throughout the entire time. Based on looking at the pictures of you face, your skin still looked perfect. So my guess is: a boy. Any names yet for a boy?

Good luck, Saskia

• Hey Saskia! I love hearing all the different ways to tell the gender! We had a much more difficult time coming up boys names than girls so I’ve heard that means we are having a boy… or that means we’re having a girl πŸ˜‰

We’ve come up with a few now so hopefully something will fit whether we have a little boy or girl πŸ™‚

Great to hear from you! Talk soon!