first week: photo roll

To say that this week has been a whirlwind would be the understatement of my life. Since words basically escape me at the moment I’m going to share some photos of the little bean’s first week. And then maybe I’ll go and shower. Maybe.

Several hours after she was born with mom (holy smokes… “mom”… that’s me…):

Several hours after she was born with dad:

Grandma (my mom) baked Little Miss a birthday cake and we sang her “Happy Birthday.” Here she is with a very proud Grandma and Grandpa:

With proud papa:

Getting weighed at 2 days old (she lost 4oz- she’s back up to birth weight now):

Right before her first bath:

NOT diggin’ her first bath:

Being adorable:

Every year John does an Easter Egg hunt for me. This year it was extra special because it was her first:

At one week John, Little Miss and I did our First Big Walk. We had walked around the backyard together, but this one was out in the Real World. Felt a bit surreal. And yes, I AM wearing pajama pants out in public. I accessorized with earrings and a super cute BABY though so we’re all good:

Sucking her finger:

Sigh.

22 Responses to “first week: photo roll”

Congrats! She’s so very beautiful and you look fantastic for just having birthed a child!

2. She is so adorable! Congratulations momma!

3. I love the candlelight shots. Lovely. And, goodness … she is darling, and you look terrific. I’m REALLY hoping you get that shower. ;o)

4. Susan says:

Congratulations to you and your husband! How wonderful! Best to you.

5. Kim Clune says:

Of course, you, John and your little Naomi are the most adorable family I’ve ever seen. That goes without saying, although I’m compelled to say it anyway. But this actually takes the cake. Sorry…

“I AM wearing pajama pants out in pubic.”

LOL! Honey, if your pubic region is wearing your pajamas out, you might need that shower more than you realize! No worries. You aren’t alone. I can stand a shower too.

Love to you all.
    You’re perfect.

6. Darien says:

Congrats! She looks lovely!

7. Peggie says:

Beautiful — the entire family and most especially the newest addition. Let me tell you something right here — that young lady is one very smart cookie — she picked a great mom (and dad) and a loving furry sibling too!

8. kat says:

Love them and congrats again to you guys. Life will be different and wonderful. Can’t wait to meet her. XO Let us know when you’re up for a chat.

9. Sarah says:

Oh goodness that picture with the feet!!! I can’t take it Shauna! And your mom made a cake! You guys all look great…what a little miracle you grew! Love!

10. Elena says:

Congratulations Shauna. Naomi is beautiful. Time went by really fast. The pictures are incredible.

11. Kristanbul says:

Beautiful photos of a beautiful baby, and of course her beautiful mama. So pleased for you and sending warm love from London!

12. Shauna and John: I cannot tell you how awesome it is to see these photos of your little one… congratulations to you both! I especially love the pic of Naomi’s grandparents and her cake. I’m not a total ga-ga-baby person either, but your family – Mickey and Kayloo included – is just so lovely. Juno and I are sending our love from Colorado :). Here’s to many more excellent weeks of “firsts”!! xoxo

13. Trude says:

So many sweet memories already!! I’m so so excited for you guys (even though I’m late to the party). Congratulations!!

14. AJ says:

Oh my gosh – you take a “blogging break” and look what you miss out on! Congratulations on your beautiful new addition – so sorry that I’m super-late!